Find attached the video we watched in class. It may help you study for the test. (Concentrate especially on the first 5 minutes)
This is a double virtual period, so your deadline is: October, 13th.
Finish watching the movie “Marie Antoinette”, by Sofia Coppola. (The link was provided by Alina in your Facebook group).
Then, answer the following questions and post them in your blogs:
- Marie Antoinette is sometimes referred to as “The Teenage Queen”. What attitudes in the movie can show that?
- After her first child is born she shows many changes in her attitude and lifestyle. How? Provide examples. Why do you think that happens?
- Some historians have often suggested that Marie Antoinette’s behaviour helped encourage agitation in the people at the beginning of the Revolution. Can you find any instances in the movie that confirm or deny this claim?
- Towards the end of the movie, we see a more mature woman. How does she show she has somehow stopped being “The Teenage Queen”?
Find attached the following useful videos we watched in class:
Here are the questions you need to answer for the assignment. (Due date: September, 29th)
- Why was napoleon able to rise to power by 1799?
- What does Napoleon’s rise to power say about the weaknesses of the French Revolution?
- “Napoleon’s domestic policies did more to increase his power than extend liberty in France”. How far do you agree with this claim?
Virtual Period Activity:
Imagine you are a person who attended Napoleon’s coronation as Emperor. Write a letter to a friend describing it and expressing your opinions about it.
Hello Senior IV!
This is our virtual period of the week.
Find the most important characteristics of the Napoleonic Code and the innovations it introduced. Next class, we’ll continue working on it…
Deadline: August, 18th
Hi Senior IV!
This is our virtual period of the week after the winter break… Since I won’t be seeing you tomorrow, here it goes…
Find key information about Napoleon Bonaparte’s life (dates, early life, achievements, political career, etc) and prepare a short powerpoint, prezi or any kind or presentation with it. (This is not for any oral presentation, just to post in your blogs).
Deadline: August, 4th. They need to be ready and uploaded before our class that day, since we will take a look at them in class.
Enjoy your holidays!
This week there will be no activities, since I want you to concentrate on the test we will have next class.
Fow the ones who were absent last class, the test will be on “The Instability of French Governments 1791-99” (book pages 19 to 29).
Study from the book, the folder, the photocopies and the presentations you prepared for the assignment.
Have a nice week and don’t hesitate to contact me if you have doubts!
This is the group assignment on Jacobins and Girondins you need to prepare for next class (Friday, 16th).
Group 1: Jacobins
Allende, Bernusi, Bravo, Castagnino, Claps, Costamagna, Donato, Frias, Giambruni and Kenny.
Group 2: Girondins
Lupi, Millán, Montoya, Okecki, Posse, Quiroga, Reynal, Stordeur, Subira, Tasca and Torrendel.
Tasks: (per group) They will be carried out in this order:
- 4 students prepare an oral presentation about the group you got and their leader (Include visual/media support)
- 2 students prepare a poster to display in the classroom with information about the group you got (similar to the oral presentations).
- 1 student finds a speech by the group or their leader (if you can’t find one or you feel like, you can write your own) and deliver it in class as if you were that French revolutionary.
- 3 or 4 students choose a famous Girondin/Jacobin and do research on their lives. In class, you will impersonate that revolutionary and introduce yourself briefly (You can bring costumes or props). Then, both groups will engage in a debate: I will give you topics. You will have to brainstorm ideas together and then deliver your answers impersonating your characters (as if you were in a session of the National Assembly, for instance). You will have the chance to ask or answer back to the other group.
Don’t hesitate to contact me should you have any doubt.
This is our virtual period of the week.
Find a picture that best represents the Girondins and one that best represents the Jacobins. Give the characteristics of each group at the beginning of the French Revolution. The due date is June, 9th.